New Facebook Profile Page

Hello guys.

As of today, Facebook has launched its new layout for the profile page. Personally, I'm okay with the change. I think it's a good move by Facebook to make your profile more personal and easier to see. 

Actually, only few adjustments have been made. The tabs for Wall, Info, Tabs and other stuff have been moved to the left side of your screen. So, the contents for all those things are still on the center of your page. The thing that I like the most is that you now have pictures for the things that you have liked. I mean, it's easier to recognize what other people like, right? After all, that's the whole point of profile page. You pick the pages and things that you're interested in, you 'like' them, so other user now can now know what kind of things you're into. It's like a cover page of yourself. 

However, not all people use profile page like the way it suppose to be used. I just don't understand why. Don't you want to know who like the same TV show as you? Like the same artist as you? Went to the same school? Or you just probably don't care? Cause you like to add random and anonymous people. I'm just sayin'. I've seen people do that. Well, for me, I only add people as my friend if they are really my friend or I know them at the very least. Maybe we went to the same school, we met in a camp or anything. I don't add people who I don't recognize. Ok, maybe I did add random people one or twice. Guilty. But I have my reasonable reason, it's merely because we have somethings in common or maybe mutual friends. But I don't add people as my friend just because they're cute, hot or I want to flirt with them. Nope, that's not how I operate. I don't do that, do you?

My new info page.
Apparently, sports is a very important thing.


My favorite music, movies and TV shows.


Back to the profile page thing, like I said, I think it's a good change. For those who familiar with MySpace, you probably find some similarities on Facebook. Because now, below your basic information, you have pictures (tagged pictures apparently - which is a low point). It's pretty similar right? What can we say. MySpace copied the status and news feed thing from Facebook, and Facebook also did the same with this profile page. Friendster copied all ideas from both sites. I guess it's a marketing strategy stuff. I don't know, true or not, I don't care. As long as the changes keep the site usable and user-friendly, I'm okay with it. Just don't bash those changes before you even got familiar with it. It's annoying. Some people did that. I mean, only after like half hour they used the new profile page, the went like, "omg! this new profile page is boring, confusing, serabut" and everything. Gosh, what the hell guys? Be thankful cause you still using it for free! Give it a break. I don't see any wrong with it. I don't know, maybe it's just me, I don't like to complaint. But if you do and that's make you happy, I can't really say anything.

Anyway, I hope you have fun redesigning your new profile page! Thanks for reading. Ciao.


Comments

Popular Posts