Westlife The Where We Are Tour 2010 Review

Hello everyone!

Westlife have finally released their DVD and Blu-Ray for the Where We Are Tour concert. The tour is actually their tenth tour since 2000 in support of their 2009 album, Where We Are. The concert was held in O2 Arena, London on 14 May 2010. It was one out of 36 concerts that they held last year. The tour started on 2 May 2010 (Odyssey Arena, Belfast, Northen Ireland) and ended on 3 December 2010 (Dublin, Ireland). You can check out the details and lists of the song in the tour on Wikipedia (link at the bottom of this entry).

DVD cover

The DVD and Blu-Ray released here in Malaysia on the end of November last year. The last time I checked, the price was RM40.90. But naturally, I looked for a download link first before considering buying it (money is quite tight recently. Haha). I did find it and it took me for almost a week to download - but worth it. The size of the video is 4.6 Gb and it's in HD (720p!).

How was the concert you may ask. It was awesome! as always. But I wouldn't say that it's the best that Westlife have done, because the last tour, Back Home Tour in 2008 and Turnaround Tour 2004, those were the best - for me at least.

Opening song - Where We Are

Singing some good old love songs - Swear It Again,
Mandy, If I Let You Go + All Out of Love

My choices for highlights of the concert:
(You can check out the videos on YouTube or just click the link)

1. Westlife sang brilliantly and full with emotion in I'll See You Again, dedicated to Nicky's and Kian's father - they passed away last year.
2. They performed Black Eyed Peas' I Gotta Feelin'. Yeah, you guys know that song right? Ecstatic performance,
3. Song mash-up; Westlife's How To Break A Heart with Halo by Beyonce. Amazing remix!


Dancing time! Westlife performing I Gotta Feeling

Ending the show with You Raise Me Up

I still have not bought the DVD yet but probably I will buy it in the next few months (more like next few years. Hehe). But it would be nice if someone give it to me as a present, anyone? Hahaha! I'm just kidding.

Anyway, here's the video for I'll see you again. I like this performance very much. Loved it when Shane hits the high note on the third verse (after 2nd chorus). The lyrics in this song are meaningful and beautiful. Take some of your time to listen to this song. If you're kind of person that appreciate lovely ballad song, I think you gonna like this one.


I'll See You Again lyrics
(from azlyrics.com)

Always you will be part of me
And I will forever feel your strength
When I need it most
You're gone now, gone but not forgotten
I can't say this to your face
But I know you hear

[Chorus:]
I'll see you again
You never really left
I feel you walk beside me
I know I'll see you again

When I'm lost, when I'm missing you like crazy
I tell myself I'm so blessed
To have had you in my life, my life

[Chorus]

When I had the time to tell you
Never thought I'd live to see the day
When the words I should have said
Would come to haunt me
In my darkest hour I tell myself
I'll see you again

[Chorus]

I will see you again
I'll see you again
I miss you like crazy
You're gone but not forgotten
I'll never forget you
Someday I'll see you again
I feel you walk beside me
Never leave you, yeah
Gone but not forgotten
I feel you by my side
No this is not goodbye [x3]


So, if anyone out there wants the link to download this concert, you can always ask me.
Click here for the tour's description on Wikipedia.

That's it guy for today's entry. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy it. I see ya next time. Ciao!





Comments

  1. no other than Mark Feehily voice that could make me goose bumps when listening to when he sings:)
    ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup. agree. can't wait for the next greatest hit album, this Nov :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! could you really give me the link for download this tour to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I used to have a DVD copy of this concert but I misplaced it. :'( Do you still have an active link where I can download this please? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts