Westlife - Lighthouse

Hi

Westlife have released their last ever album, Greatest Hits. Lighthouse song is the album's first single and was released in 11 November 2011.

The song has familiar tune like any other Westlife's old songs, which for me, is very good. Personally, I like the song very much. The tempo of this song is very good and you feel like want to sing along every time it plays. Naturally, any song that starts with piano and ends with extravaganza finish will catch me. Lighthouse is written by Gary Barlow (Take That's lead vocalist) and John Shanks. The lyrics of this song are quite beautiful. I love the part after the second chorus (Shane's part); "Yeah, I owe it all to you everything, I have right now. I owe it all to you everything I didn't have. You found, every time take me back to you".



The performance of this song in the chart is actually very disappointing. I don't know why. It's really hard to be success with ballad & ordinary love song nowadays, isn't it? Lighthouse only manage to reach 11th in Ireland chart & 32nd in UK chart. Which means, this is their first single not to chart within top 10 in UK and their second lowest-charting single in Ireland. This is very sad for Westlife's fan. Yes, maybe some would say their days are over. They can't perform in any chart right now, even in Ireland they got 11th, let alone to break in into US chart. I found an interesting comment on YouTube; "The only reason this song didn't do so well in the charts is because the lads are fully dressed in the video and lyrics aren't about sex and depression". Well said, mate. Sorry to say, but this song is better than Bieber's Mistletoe (not that I'm saying Mistletoe is not a good song). Well, it's just my opinion 

So here's the song and the lyrics. Give it a couple of listens, trust me, you will like it.


This kind of love
Is more than a lifeline
For a man as weak as me
Who has no self believe

This kind of love
Is more than amazing
For a man who lost his way
Who thought it was too late

How did the sea?
How did the sea?
How did the sea?
Get so rough
I would've drowned, I would've drowned
If you hadn't given me your love

You're the light in the dark
You're the seat in the park
You're the lighthouse
You're the lighthouse
That I need
You're the key to the door
You're the port in the storm
And I need to find a shore
When I can't swim anymore
You always guide me back to solid ground
You're my lighthouse

This kind of love
Is more than a feeling
For a man who rarely tried
I get all choked up each time
You say you love me
You could've walked away
Could've give my problems back
Could've left
You took the chance

How did the waves?
How did the waves?
How did the waves?
Get so high
I would've died, I would've died
If you hadn't loved me just in time

You're the light in the dark
You're the seat in the park
You're the lighthouse
You're the lighthouse
That I need
You're the key to the door
You're the port in the storm
When I need to find a shore
Cos I can't swim anymore
You always guide me back to solid ground
You're my lighthouse

Yeah, I owe it all to you
Everything I have right now
I owe it all to you
Everything I didn't have you found
Everytime take me back to you

You're the light in the dark
You're the seat in the park
You're the lighthouse
You're the lighthouse
I need You're the key to the door
You're the port in the storm
And I need to find the shore
Cos I can't swim anymore
You always guide me back to solid ground
You're my lighthouse


Thanks for reading! Bye.

Comments

Popular Posts