26.7.10

Inception

Hello guys.

Last Friday, I went to the cinema and watched two movies. Yes, you read it right. The first movie that I saw was Ong Bak 3 and later that midnight I watched Inception. Watching two movies on the same day probably wasn't a good idea and it wasting money. And yet, I did it. Actually, I wanted to watch Inception, and only Inception. But there were so many freakin' people on that day! Inception was fully booked. That was a bummer. So I had to watch other movie since I and two other friends were already lining up to buy tickets. It took us 20 minutes to get the tickets and the only movie that we found interesting to watch other than Inception was Ong Bak 3.

Let me review Inception first. Inception is literally the best movie I've ever seen this year. Ok, I haven't watched many movies on cinema this year. In fact, I missed some of blockbusters like Iron Man 2, Clash of the Titans, Eclipse and some other more. But I can promise you that Inception is the most thrilling and exciting movie you'd ever seen this year (provided that you understood the movie). Inception is directed by Christoper Nolan and he was the man that produced Batman The Dark Night (one of my favorite movies). It's a sci-fi thriller, and I really enjoy this type of movies (Minority Report & Paycheck are some of examples). This movie is about this man named Cobb (potrayed by Leonardo Dicaprio), who leads his team to steal secrets from within shared dream. And you'll learn later that these guys, can go deeper in their dream, which means, they can dream further while they are dreaming. Sounds exciting right? So I'm gonna stop right there, and the rest you can watch yourself because I don't want to spoil anything. But here's my advise, don't miss the first 20 minutes of the movie. In fact, don't miss any scenes. You need to carefully listen to the dialogs and watch every details in this movie in order to fully understand and enjoy it. Inception got very high scores in IMDB (9.3/10) and Rotten Tomatoes (86%) - two the most reliable movies databases, which I 'm not surprise. I don't easily rate high for any movies and coincidently, Nolan's The Dark Night being the last movie I highly rated. But since I like Inception so much, I give it 5 stars out of 5.

Theatrical Poster 




I'm not going to say anymore and try to convince you that this is a great movie, you go watch and judge it yourself. Because, I don't think that everyone going to enjoy this movie as much as I did. Some people don't like serious and complicated stuff. They probably would like simple, light, funny and romantic movies. Some people don't. So really, it's up to you. In case you read this entry months after the movie was released on cinema, do yourself a favor, download, buy DVD or something, just watch this movie. You won't regret it.

For Ong Bak 3... apart from some great sound effect, it was boring and waste of money. Horrible storyline and drag fighting scenes. Don't watch this movie, period. 1.5 stars ouf of 5. I'd rather watch Twilight twice!

p.s: Can't wait for The Adjustment Bureau!


Thanks for reading and do visit my blog again. I see you next time. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment